Technology in Physical Education and Coaching

Welcome to our Technology in Physical Education and Coaching forum. This is where you will be participating in the class discussions.

Technology in Physical Education and Coaching
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: weii fitness board

Hi I have used them with the autistic students and special education students, I have 4 in one class so I was able to get two systems and I would have two students on one system. After showing and explaining how to use everything they did like it. It was good for about 20 minutes then I lost their attentions. I also had them try something similar to DDR but its for the Wii, they did not do too well but they had fun.

Have not used them at school, only at home. I would almost be afraid kids would break them. Definitly would not use if I had large class. Perhaps in a station type setting with adequate supervision.

I have used at home, and I think it would be a great idea for our fitness room. However, I don't see my department getting the funding for this.

We use a the Wii Fit program a few times a year. We have 2 TV's set up and 1 projector to allow 3 stations to be played at the same time. The balance board is great, but you have to use it on the trail play so it will recalculate the weight for each player. Otherwise the balance board will be off with the sensitivity settings. The kids love playing Wii and especially the board activities. We even do the Mario Olympics during Olympic years to celebrate our USA Pride and celebrating the many cultures from around the World that we have in our school.