Technology in Physical Education and Coaching

Welcome to our Technology in Physical Education and Coaching forum. This is where you will be participating in the class discussions.

Technology in Physical Education and Coaching
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Dance Dance Revolution Game

We have used this game for fund raisers around the holidays in the cafateria during lunch. The kids payed a dollar to play, and there were lines to play every lunch period.

Yes, we use DDR in PE class for grade 1-5. It is most popular with grades 1-3. We bought the game and then we play it on a DVD player and use a projector to show it on the wall. This way we have 40- 50 students participate. Each student gets a poly spot for their home base and they move from their. It really gets them moving.

do you think middle school students would get involved

I would like to look into purchasing a DDR system for my elementary school. Another PE teacher from a different elementary school in our district borrowed one from her husband (a high school PE teacher). It was a hit. So I think middle school students would like it too. Sometimes, it is all in how it is presented.

ryan, were you able to purchase your revolution. did you get to use it in class. how is the wear and tear on it. ralph

I have used DDR with my students before. I would recommend that you have more than one Xbox, Nintendo, etc. or you have plenty of the practice pads.