Technology in Physical Education and Coaching

Welcome to our Technology in Physical Education and Coaching forum. This is where you will be participating in the class discussions.

Technology in Physical Education and Coaching
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: video

I have used videos for a couple of units in the past. For volleyball, I pulled out game tapes of the athletes I coached at the high school level and showed brief clips to my elementary students to show them specific skills and scoring. The scoring part was difficult for them to pick up on with just game play in class so the video was another tool to assist them on learning that concept quicker. I have also tried the Christy Lane videos. There are so many possibilities that I feel guilty for not trying more options. Videos would really be an asset for teaching skills that I am not proficient in.

Re: video

I use it when teaching my golf unit. I am lucky enough to be able to use a room with a smart board in on my way out to the "driving range" (some golf mats with flags set out in the distance) that I set up for practice. I will show a very short clip of different techniques such as driving, chipping, pitching etc just to give the students a very concrete and visual demonstration of the technique. I then follow this up with my demonstrations outside. I also like this technique as I use videos of famous golfers so the kids get into it a little more as they recognize some of the golfers. I would love to be able to record their shots and show them back on the smart board, but it is just too unrealistic and time consuming for the amount of students that I have.