Technology in Physical Education and Coaching

Welcome to our Technology in Physical Education and Coaching forum. This is where you will be participating in the class discussions.

Technology in Physical Education and Coaching
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: P90X Workout

There are no copyright issues for using these videos in class. I use the yoga video in my Health class as part of our relaxation technique lesson.
I am anxious to use a few others during our strength training classes.

I am currently using P90X in my Fitness Unit at my middle school. It works out really great because there are a wide variety of workouts for everyone. I also really like it because they don't so a lot of reps of each exercise, this allows my students not to get bored. I am also not really sure of the Copy Right.

I am glad to hear that someone is using this at a middle school. I was planning on having a "fitness club" before or after school (next school year). A colleague and myself are interested in doing this with our club, she has the videos but we were hesitant as to how well the students would do and if we would have a lot of kids sign up. Thanks for the info.

I have heard so many positive things about the P90X videos! I have heard they are really effective and challenging. Unfortunately, I have only received this feedback from my adult colleagues. I do not know how well students would respond to these videos because they are VERY challenging. I fear that the program would intimidate some students and discourage them from participating in physical activity. I liked the idea of using the videos as a tool for a fitness club, but might be apprehensive about using it in a class.

Kimberly,
I agree that the P90x is difficult but if you just break it down and use parts of it for a lesson it is not so bad. It is challenging but everyone gets a workout because they can work at their own level. Many of the students liked the challenge. Insanity work out is good also but done in parts. It is a fun change and fun to see just how fit your students are.
Karen Pineda

I have seen our current PE teacher use insanity and other lower impact videos to keep the students engaged and challenged. The only thing I noticed was that many students did not look forward to doing it again day after day so you might want to only do it every now and then. They sound like me the first time I did P90X. I was glad I did it but didn't look forward to doing it again.