Technology in Physical Education and Coaching

Welcome to our Technology in Physical Education and Coaching forum. This is where you will be participating in the class discussions.

Technology in Physical Education and Coaching
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Rock Wall Funding

I recently added a horizontal rock wall to my elementary school with the funds coming from the PTO. I went to one of their monthly meetings and spoke about all of the great benefits that I rock wall can bring to a student both physically and mentally. They thought it was a good idea and bought three 8ft. high and 4ft wide panels in the first year and purchased two more the following year. Each panel was around $800. Thanks. Doug Stokes

I bet all of your kids love the wall. I have found my c.c. kids or challanged students really gravitate to the wall

In order to save money we had our shop kids build our wall for us. It is located in the hallway outside the gym. It measure around 20 feet long and the materials were purchased by the PTO. The HS art class painted it with a mountain scene that the kids love. I would like to add another 20 feet on the opposite wall in the hallway sometime in the near future. Currently, when we lay down the safety mats on the floor by the rock wall some of the floor is exposed. By adding the wall for the other side, the safety mat will cover the exposed part of the floor giving the students a safe environment to rock climb.

Rock wall and project adventure funding is something we have been trying to do for a few years now. I know it was a thought to add project adventure at my high school but with budget cuts it has now been taken away. I think the only way would be for our department to fundraise the money if we ever wanted a rock wall or project adventure course.