Technology in Physical Education and Coaching

Welcome to our Technology in Physical Education and Coaching forum. This is where you will be participating in the class discussions.

Technology in Physical Education and Coaching
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: SMART Board

I think the smart board is great on days I lose my gym. There are numerous sites out there that keep the students engaged. Gone are the days of trying to find a tv and vcr to show a tape. The smart board is run through the computer so figure that anything you can get on your computer you can also put on your smart board. One site I like is brainpop.com. Check it out. The topics range from health to bullying and everything in between. I also like to go to youtube to demonstrate skills such as soccer drills and such.

Smart boards are great for classroom teaching, but would be next to impossible for a gym. The screen would have to be down low, and from the sounds of it, they are a little fragile?. Not to mention the distance a projector would have to be up to be safe, and how bright it would have to be to shine all the way down in a lit gym.

Does anyone have any other ways to protect the smart board in the gymnasium. Is the smart board cart stable? Does the projector arm swing out of the way?