Technology in Physical Education and Coaching

Welcome to our Technology in Physical Education and Coaching forum. This is where you will be participating in the class discussions.

Technology in Physical Education and Coaching
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: PE Newsletter

Our middle school does a PE news letter. I believe that they do it quarterly. I love the idea of one and it is on my "To-Do List."

If I were going to write one I would incorporate a variety of things: muscle or body system focus of the month, current events in sports and wellness (in the world, US, community and school itself), a healthy thought or idea to try and implement for that time, a section for students to write articles on their favorite topics, a healthy food with ingredients and directions for students to make at home, a fitness challenge, honor someone who has accomplished a physical or wellness goal, etc

I would structure the news letter like a newspaper or a professional news letter. I would print it and distribute it in class or send it home with the students as well as post it on my web-page. My goal would be to provide information but get the students involved in the process so they enjoy reading the letter.

I hope this helps for an idea.

I am going to create a PE Newsletter this year for my Elementary students. I will include...

Units taught during that month
Skills & things parents can work on at home with their kids
A Health & Wellness portion
Community resources that correspond to the unit we are doing (Basketball camps or leagues in our community they can join)
Online resources for parents and students

I think your newsletter sounds great. I have never seen a PE teacher have a newsletter and what a great opportunity to help educate both parent and students. When I become a PE teacher, I too will send out a monthly newletter.