Technology in Physical Education and Coaching

Welcome to our Technology in Physical Education and Coaching forum. This is where you will be participating in the class discussions.

Technology in Physical Education and Coaching
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Laptops

The school district I work in has had laptops for 7 years now. The laptops have been distributed to everybody (all teachers and students). The laptops have been a great tool to teaching. It has open up many doors and provided so many new ways of teaching in the classroom as well as changed some ideas of how physical education is approached. I think as we move forward more and more schools are going to use laptops because it is a great teaching tool and technology is such a big part of the future for all these students.

Re: Laptops

Since our school has recently purchased Ipads, the laptops have become a thing of the past. However, because they are an older technology I have "borrowed" one to use in the gym. The laptop is a little older and one of those smaller netbook versions, but it is great to use since our school went wireless this year. Now I can access the internet anywhere in school and use the laptop to record data and take attendance. The best part of the laptop is connecting it to the projector we have in the gym. The students can see a video of a skill over 100 inches in size. The students also use it to complete exercise videos. Our next goal is to have the students record their own exercise videos so that the other students in class can use them to improve their fitness!