Technology in Physical Education and Coaching

Welcome to our Technology in Physical Education and Coaching forum. This is where you will be participating in the class discussions.

Technology in Physical Education and Coaching
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Finally a locker Checkout solution

This is an interesting approach. We keep all our records on xcel spreadsheets and have created a shared drive so male and female teachers can access every students' locker # and combination on their laptops! We carry our laptops to class and every teacher has access to the electronic charts. It has cut down on a lot of locker room thefts as well as unprepared students!

Wow

That sounds like a lot of work! Our locks are part of the locker and we have 600 lockers with another 200 to be installed because of our increasing enrollment. Each lokcer has a set of 5 cominations which are changed each year (the custodians do it during the summer). For each class we have created 2 sheets with random numbres of lockers with the combo. We cut one sheet up into each lock with its combo and hand it to the kids. They then go and try their locker. If it works they then give us the the number and we write it on the second sheet. We then have them input the combo into their cell phone (everyone has one and its always with them). By ptting the combo into their phone it seems to have helped with them forgetting their combo. We write in the combos instead of them doing it because we caught a student using their phone to take a picture of the master list. Our head security keeps a copy of the list so if kids forget their combo they have to see him to get it. So far the system seems to work...but i hate locker combo season!

Cell phones - genius! I don't know why we didn't think of this before. I am going to go to school and do this ASAP, I get so tired of looking up combinations for forgetful students, especially after Winter Break!

What a great way to organize your locker/lock system. I would love a copy of your spreadsheet if it is possible and you are willing to share!