Technology in Physical Education and Coaching

Welcome to our Technology in Physical Education and Coaching forum. This is where you will be participating in the class discussions.

Technology in Physical Education and Coaching
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
District Technology Requirements

Our district instituted a technology requirement for all teachers. We are all required to have a website and post our lesson plans on line. I was wondering if other teachers have the same requirements in other districts?

Re: District Technology Requirements

Hi,

Not yet but we are going in that direction. We have a website for the department but not for individual teachers per say. On the department website there is a section with our name, email, and phone number plus an area for our bio which we are supposed to fill out but I dont think any of us have yet. Our physical education website is primarily used for students who miss class or are out on a medical. We provide students with worksheets, links to articles on which ever activity we are currently doing in class, and assignments for students to complete. Students are required to do an article for every class missed if they want to avoid getting a zero. If they cut class they are not allowed to use articles to make up the missed time. This has been pretty successful so far.

I really like the idea that you post articles on your website to use for medicals. I am going to look into adding that to my site.

We are not required to have a website but are strongly encouraged to do so, which I did. The district did guide us on how to set this up. As far as the lesson online goes we have not gotten to that yet but I have a feeling in the near future we will have to.

Our District requires all teachers to have a website as well. We also must post all of our assignments up on our web page. This works well for students who are absent, this way they can get their assignments.

Wow! Putting up all of your assignments and lessons must be a lot of work at first, but I agree it is great for absent students.

We are headed in this direction, but do not currently have a requirement to have a teacher website. However, I do use a teacher website and I used google sites to create it. I find it extremely useful for myself, and for my students. It is also a great way for parents to see what is going on in my classroom.