Technology in Physical Education and Coaching

Welcome to our Technology in Physical Education and Coaching forum. This is where you will be participating in the class discussions.

Technology in Physical Education and Coaching
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Video

I have used video assessment for a dance unit. The students were split into groups and each group had to follow a rubric and create a dance. Before the presentation day the students performed the dance in front of the camera so they could watch it and fill out their rubric. The students absolutely loved watching themselves and each each other. It was a GREAT tool because it enable the students to fine tune and see themselves from the teachers perspective. We have also used the video presentations as examples or what is expected.

We have not used video for skills testing, but we do have flip cameras that we use to video tape the students during physical education classes. The purpose is to upload the videos on our school webpage, in order for the parents to see what thier children do in our classes.

My high school PE classes have a few required proficency movements that we use video to help kids work. We video kids doing activites such as form running, A Skips, lunges and a few others. With the kids being able to watch themselves, they can see the flaws in each activity and can create a better plan of attack for improving them and reaching their proficency requirements. It's pretty simple. I usualy video on my phone and show the kids right away for instant feedback.