Technology in Physical Education and Coaching

Welcome to our Technology in Physical Education and Coaching forum. This is where you will be participating in the class discussions.

Technology in Physical Education and Coaching
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: FitnessGram

Our school had been using the older version of Fitnessgram for 5 years. We input scores at the beginning and at the end of the school year. The letter goes home in the student report card at the second and fourth grading period. The parents have not made any comments. We will be trying out the new version this school year.

We do the exact same thing. Fitnessgram reports are sent home with students each trimester in their report cards. I haven't heard much of a parent response but the students look forward to reviewing their printout and looking at their progress from the start of the year to the end.

We also use Fitnessgram in our school at the elementary grades. We use the test in the beginning of the year and at the end of the year to see how they have progressed. I would like to use the student part of the program but my network administrator said it was not possible with our school setup. I do print out a report to the students and send it home with them. They do look forward to trying to beat their scores from last year. I also keep a folder for each student, that I keep past test score printouts in. This way parents can contact me to see their scores and I do not need to be at the computer. I have not heard much back from parents but I do have students who ask questions about the scores.

Does anyone have the students input their own scores? I think it would be great for them to be able to log in on their own and put in their scores, especially if this could show a trend in their progress. We will be getting Fitnessgram soon and I was really hoping to put some of the responsibility of the scores on the students.

I hope the web-based program allows students to input their own data and it would be nice if that data could be tracked from year to year so students could see their achievement as they got older. Since this is web-based, I wonder if the students can access their information on their own.