Technology in Physical Education and Coaching

Welcome to our Technology in Physical Education and Coaching forum. This is where you will be participating in the class discussions.

Technology in Physical Education and Coaching
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Multimedia cart

Todd....I agree with you 100% about the multi media cart. I also have a rolling cart that has a laptop, a projector, and speakers. We can roll this right into the gym and we project onto one of the walls in the gym. We use this technology for showing videos, movement analysis, our own video with our own kids performing, and presentations about a skill being introduced. We usually keep these presentations brief, 5-10 mins and then the kids are up and moving. Sometimes we will take video during class and the show these clips as a way to wrap up. The kids love seeing themselves on the wall, and as far as teaching tools go, the video adds so much to the spoken word and live demonstration!

Re: Multimedia cart

I'm hoping to house a multimedia cart in the gym. The prices and the sizes of the components have gotten smaller and less bulking. It is now so much easier to roll in and out of the gym. We have an automatic screen that comes down over the stage. The students are excited to see when it is down and set up because it means we are going something different and fun. On days that there are two PE teachers and if the weather permits we alternate weeks where the girls stay indoors to do Zumba , the boys go outdoors. The following week the boys stay in to do Tae Bo and the girls go outdoors.