Technology in Physical Education and Coaching

Welcome to our Technology in Physical Education and Coaching forum. This is where you will be participating in the class discussions.

Technology in Physical Education and Coaching
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: iPads in the gym!

I think the use of Ipads in the gym is a great idea. I agree it will make it much easier to do everyday tasks such as record attendance and post grades, but I like the ideas the other people posted. Recording student form while completing a task is a great idea. I know their are Apps for baseball/softball swings so the student can see instantly where they are going wrong with their form. I am sure there are other apps for other sports. Sometimes being told they are doing something incorrect and watching themselves do something incorrect can make a big difference. Also, students can watch themselves correctly performing the tasks once they have mastered the skill. Another use would be to project images/videos for the students to watch. They sell a cable/cord that can connect the Ipad to a projector this way the student can see and hear a video that can be displayed on an open wall (problem is you need an Ipad, and a projector, and the cable,but if you have all three it works fantastic!)

Re: iPads in the gym!

That's sounds great. I would love to use the iPads our students have access to put as a pedometer app. it was to big to walk/run with and not to say too expensive if something should happen. Having the students record themselves and quickly display it on the projector sounds fun and educational. Can you tell me exactly what the wire is that you need you attach the iPad to projector and is sound produced when plugged in?