Technology in Physical Education and Coaching

Welcome to our Technology in Physical Education and Coaching forum. This is where you will be participating in the class discussions.

Technology in Physical Education and Coaching
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Gradebook programs

We also use progress book and the special education teachers can link IEPs and the school nurse can link any special medical issues so every teacher can have instant access to this information.

We our currently using a pilot program through our IU which I have found to be very confusing and always having a lot of glitches. I have used Power school in the past and found it to be very easy to use. Along with being very easy to use parents and students could access their grades at any point throughout the semester.

Our district uses Genesis, which I really like. I find it user friendly and works very well with health and physical education grading. Beginning in September of this year, parents will have access to view their child's grades for all classes through the Genesis program. I think one of the best aspects of this program is that I am able to carry over year after year, the same grade setup and don't have to start all over each new school year.

My school has used many of the grade books that have been mentioned before. We currently use a program called Skyward. I personally like it because I can access it at home on any computer. It is easy to use and you can access all of your personal employee information on it. Parents can access it online at home and you can view how often they get on the site. We needed our tech person to adapt the program to make grading for PE easier. Overall, I like it.

The school systems I have worked with were supplied with a grading program - we did not have a choice. I have used Grade Quick, GradeSpeed, and ASPEN.

We are in our second year of using a new gradebook. It is called PowerSchool. Like anything else that's new, there is the initial learning curve, but it seemed to go real fast. It is very user friendly. We are able to look up emergency contacts, the students schedules, current grades, and IEPs. We are able to create attendance records, and post comments for the quarter grades. Not to mention, when entering quarter and semester grades the program actually does it for you. So, when you go to enter your grades it just takes the click of a button. One downside to this gradebook, however, is that I cannot create a "class" of my football players, and track their grades. I would love to be able to create a class just for my players so I can keep up on their progress, and speak with them directly if I have an issue. Other than that, I really enjoy our current system.