Technology in Physical Education and Coaching

Welcome to our Technology in Physical Education and Coaching forum. This is where you will be participating in the class discussions.

Technology in Physical Education and Coaching
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Funding for technology through the use of grants

I have learned new ways to integrate technology into our curriculum but one of the major hurdles is the funding for such technology devices. Our school district only allows allots for $250 per teacher for our department’s budget, we have 7 teachers so our department’s budget is a bit under $1800 for the year which doesn’t get us very far in the technology world. Does anyone have any experience in acquiring grants from the state/national level, local colleges, organizations, or parent groups? If so what types of forms do you have to fill out? Are presentations required? How long of a process is this? How long does it take to get the money?

Re: Funding for technology through the use of grants

My school provided $100-150 per teacher and our PTO gives each teacher $250 to spend on equipment. We only have three teachers making our budget extremely small. However, starting last year our PTO developed a technology grant for the teachers. I had to write the grant, but it was relatively short compared to other grants that I have written in the past. Also, in my area we have a local news station that rewards teachers with a $1000 grant. I have yet to make a presentation, only written documentation was necessary and it did not take very long to get the money because they want you to use it in the current school year.

Re: Funding for technology through the use of grants

Wow! I wish I had your budge I get $75. for the entire year. I must buy my own gradebook, pencils, markers, floor tape, so equipment is very unlikely. I did look online for grants for equipment or companies who might be willing to donate items. They are out there but it does take work on your part. Your best bet is local non profit grants. I was able to write a grant and was able to purchase pedometers for my students and create a program for the students to get their families to participate in walking activities. Good Luck!