Technology in Physical Education and Coaching

Welcome to our Technology in Physical Education and Coaching forum. This is where you will be participating in the class discussions.

Technology in Physical Education and Coaching
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Flipping your Classroom - Has anyone tried this at the Elementary level?

Flipping your Classroom starts with the teacher taking a topic and creating a video to share with the students to watch at home. This then allows for thoughts and conservation to begin before class. Allow class time to be less "sit and listen" and more "do and learn". I teach elementary and I don't know if watching at home will happen so easily, but I could see showing a 2-3 min video to start class. I know a school that have uses this at the Middle School level and they say it works great.

Has anyone tried it at the Elementary level?

Re: Flipping your Classroom - Has anyone tried this at the Elementary level?

I too am an elementary physical educator and I have not tried this approach yet. I have shown video for 2-3 minutes at the start of class or at a station but i like the idea of doing it as homework. The classroom teachers add daily homework on their class sites so I could easily have the teacher include the a video as an assignment and provide the link. Students could even complete it during their free time in computer class which is the cycle day before physical education class.
Would you provide questions so you know the students watched it?