Technology in Physical Education and Coaching

Welcome to our Technology in Physical Education and Coaching forum. This is where you will be participating in the class discussions.

Technology in Physical Education and Coaching
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Technology during indoor recess

At the elementary level students have one 30 minute recess a day. The weather has been cold and students have been having indoor recess. Some of the students are asking to bring in their personal technology, tablets mostly to use during recesses. The aides that cover recesses duty are for it because it would keep the students occupied. As a physical educator this is not something I want to support due to the lack of socializing and activity that will be taking place during the students only free “unstructured play”. The students already have access to the five class laptops or tablets and they are used but students must share them. Has your school had any experience with using technology at recess and how did it turn out?

Re: Technology during indoor recess

Recess is for free play and exercise! Our class room teachers are always look for way to get our kids moving. Tyr this website; https://www.gonoodle.com

Activities for kids kindergarten through 5th grade. Great way to get them moving inside!

Re: Technology during indoor recess

Thank you very much for the website. We are always inside for multiple days during the winter and our kids end up watching a movie. I am going to speak to our PE teacher about this website and incorporating some the ideas that I found.