Technology in Physical Education and Coaching

Welcome to our Technology in Physical Education and Coaching forum. This is where you will be participating in the class discussions.

Technology in Physical Education and Coaching
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: PE instructor eliminated

George
Personally I don't see the Physical Education teacher being eliminated, but depending on your facilities I could see larger class sizes happening (especially related to fitness). There are so many ways students can work on their individualized plans that as long as there is a way to track results (heart rate, strength gain, flexibility increased, etc) with supervision for safety, correction of form, encouragement, and direction a single teacher may be able to have bigger class sizes. I am not saying that is the way it should go but with budget issues it could happen.

Re: PE instructor eliminated

Wanda, Thanks for responding! I agree with your observations and realize that budget issues will drive this agenda, however the improvement with technology may prove to be cost effective to the district if they can eliminate teachers. Again, with you and I not liking the scenario, I think class sizes will increase and the number of qualified Physical Educators will be reduced. I also assume, that with my aging colleagues who are still resisting or unable to get on board with the new way of integrating technology in the classroom, we will see these teachers (who also make the most money) get weeded out.
Have a nice day!