Technology in Physical Education and Coaching

Welcome to our Technology in Physical Education and Coaching forum. This is where you will be participating in the class discussions.

Technology in Physical Education and Coaching
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Discussion Number One (1)

Educational technology is the use of tools, techniques and processes to enhance student learning. Technology in the classroom can be used in various ways. Technology used in Education helps to increase student motivation, enhance teaching practice and promote critical thinking. Students enjoy the use of technology in physical education classes, especially the use of step counters, iPads and dance videos. Teaching practices are enhanced by technology to organize planning, use visual aids to increase student learning and for assessment purposes. Technology can be used to help students think critically. Apps on the iPad can increase student learning.

My first experiences with technology was the use of heart rate monitors and step counters. Recently, I received a grant for 1 to 1 iPads for all my students. I have used several apps for the iPad such as swork-it, balance it, i-muscle, coaches eye and seesaw. I use the apps to evaluate student's skill level, for instant activities and to store student work. The use of iPads has made it easier to integrate reading, writing and math in my curriculum.

I hope to enhance my knowledge of using technology in the classroom by researching various tools, reading what other educators are currently doing and evaluating common trends.