Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
1/32 Scale Code 3 ladder ...!!!!!??????

Says so on page 4 of the newsletter.... 1/32 scale ladder ... LATE 2006 :} Lets guess you go first .

Re: 1/32 Scale Code 3 ladder ...!!!!!??????

Ten truck. What else is there?

Judging by the picture it's a Seagrave Rearmount

We know the price will be at least the price of a Diamond Plate pumper, $225. More likely, it'll be higher. $275? $325?

Question for everyone: will you buy one? Both for price and for size. Those DP pumpers are pretty easy to display, but a longer ladder truck... now we're getting into the special case zone.

mjl

If it is ten truck in 1/32....10 engine would be nice to go with it next year.

"Question for everyone: will you buy one?"

Without hesitation, NO.

i will buy one only if its a ten truck. but i dont think the wife will like that. shes already ****** cause i got the chicago d.p. . oh well

did i miss something, but what newsletter are you all talking about, b/c i havent recieved one in 2 months

The on line version of Code 3's 1st quarter 06 News Letter is posted.(for those that can use Adobe Acrobat anyway) Don't expect any in the mail after the 1st quarter either. It will be on line only. Pay more...get less.

No room for it.....plus it's going be at least 300--I can't see it being less. But for sure it'll probably do everything except have working lights and siren.

I can't justify spending that after buying the SPS, CFD Squads, FDNY Squad and Rescue set...... Too much $$ for something to sit on a shelf.

I will buy one for sure. I've been waiting and asking for Code 3 to do a ladder in 1/32 for many years now. The Diamond Plates are some of the best around detail wise and I love the larger scale.

Will definitly have to start saving the penny's!

Well, The DP's have not sold well, and history reveals if you wait, you will get one for cheaper. I have wanted a ladder DP for a long time. I lost interest in the DP's when they revealed the Skywalker ranch DP (which I bought on sale for 50)I went out and paid big coin for a FFranklin mint ladder so the DP has to really impress me. I think too little too late for this DP. Code 3 timing has always been off. IF it is around 175 then I will buy one.....

According to the code 3 website, it is not sold out, but currently unavailable, as have been for a while, which comfirms my suspicions that they never make the whole lot in one hit, but spread them out over a period.
There is a link you can click, for notification of when it will be available again.
I bet they have a counter on that, so they can judge if the interest is there to make the final batch.

I WILL PUT MY MONEY ON LADDER 10. IT IS A SEAGRAVE,IF YOU LOOK AT THE REAR AND THE HANDRAILS ARE THE SAME AS THE OTHER SEAGRAVE LADDERS ,BUT UNDER THE LADDER JUST AFTER THE CAB ,THERE IS A OUTLINE OF A BOX WHICH IS WHAT THE 1/64TH LADDER 10 HAS . IF THEY MAKE ANYOTHER TRUCK THEN 10 THEY ARE WASTING THIER TIME ,REMEMBER HOW FAST THE 10,000 1/64S SOLD

That was in 1/64. Not sure about 1/32. I probably wouldn't get a 10 truck.

Just got my Newsletter today!

Just got my newsletter today.

This is not a joke or sarcasim...

What is the big deal with Ten Truck? What makes this rig unique from others of it's type? Is there a history behind this truck that makes it so special?

Just curious...

And that, folks, should bring this message string to a screeching halt!

Not funny MikeA -

Some of us enjoy this hobby because we just like fire trucks and would like to learn more about the stuff that is out there a little more. That's all.

That comment was uncalled for. But that's OK. You're still a bro, and I know you didn't mean it.

OUR FRIEND FROM FLORIDA HAS A GOOD QUESTION, WHAT MAKES A MODEL SELL,OR MAKES IT SPECIAL ? TO ME ,10 TRUCK IS A VERY SPECIAL FDNY RIG .ANY ONE WHO EVER STOOD IN FRONT OF THE 10 HOUSE,AND LOOKED UP AT NUMBER 2 WTC,AND ITS CLOSENESS TO THE FIREHOUSE, CANT HELP BUT WONDER WHY THE 10 HOUSE WAS NOT DEMOLISHED. 107 FLOORS COME CRASHING DOWN, AND THE HOUSE IS ONLY HEAVILY DAMAGED. IF A MEMORIAL ,AND REMINDER WAS NEEDED OF THAT TRAGIC DAY,THAT TOOK THE LIVES OF 343 FDNY MEMBERS, 10 TRUCK WAS IT. THERE IS NO QUESTION THAT THE SELECTED GRAPHICS. WERE THE RIGHT CHOICE, IF YOU HAVE BEEN LUCKY ENOUGH TO VISIT THE 10 HOUSE AFTER 911, AND SEE THE REBUILT FIRE HOUSE.WITH 10 TRUCK STANDING OUTSIDE,YOU WILL UNDERSTAND WHY THIS TRUCK IS SO SPECIAL .I BUFF NYC ALOT AND TO SEE 10 TRUCK RESPONDING THRU THE STREETS OF MANHATTEN, IS A ROLLING TRIBUTE TO THE 343 FIREFIGHTERS,AND THOUSANDS OF CIVILIANS WHO DIED THAT DAY . .I HOPE THAT WHEN THIS TRUCK IS RETIRED, THAT THE FUTURE 10 TRUCKS WILL CONTINUE TO HAVE THE SAME TYPE GRAPHICS.WE MUST NOT EVER FORGET THAT DAY .IT IS A SHAME ,THAT MANY PEOPLE MAY ALREADY HAVE.

I may even consider this purchase. I tend to slam this firm often (all in fun, plus they ask for it), but this is good news, and I commend Mr. Rubin for listening and for attempting to provide what the collectors want.

I might buy into it too but I'll buy mine from Past time hobbies. It will go good with squad 61.

Just an idea. Could this be an E-One? Look at the tool box on the Collector Club Ladder on the front of the news letter. I know that the 1/32 is tandem and the club truck is single axle but, check the roll of the cab edges, tool box placement and rear turn table safety bars. Maybe it is 10 truck but is has other possibilities. Just a thought!

FDNY Seagrave (Truck 10 if they are wise) definitly. Look at the outline closely. Starting from the cab back, extended front bumper, cab to light bars are angled, captains side spot light, cab air conditioners, ladder cradle, mud flaps behind the front wheels, structural section at center bottom of the ladder, dual axle, ladder tip form, rounded rear side grap rails on the ladder platform, under body light just aft of cab, steps outline at the rear, etc.

I would put money on an FDNY Seagrave rear mount if the picture is of the rig they are modeling. They may be just using that image and doing something totally different.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)