Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
NYPD LDV

Last night I saw a commercial on a new Denzel Washington movie. There were two scenes with a NYPD LDV. One was a full side view of entire vehicle crossing an intersection, and the second had cast standing and conferring next to the LDV parked. I didn't know NYPD had one, or was it a movie prop?

And why hasn't Code 3 issued a model of this unit? Are they too busy spinning their message to actually produce something that will sell? Go figure !!!

Re: NYPD LDV

They were going to wait untill they did a Bluebirrrrrrrrrrrrrrd

NYPD and the FDNY both have LDV command units.

Thanks BOB. So why no FDNY and NYPD LDVs??? Oh yes, they are probably acquiring permission from the Town of East New Jesus for modeling rights for an LDV no one will want.

And I don't need no stinkin Bluebird (just kidding).

Chuck,

I have photos of one of the NYPD units from my trip last year. I will get them to you. As for the FDNY, the units they received are on a different Freighliner chassis than the Code 3 models. I think it is a no brainers. However with all of the grief C3 gets with the "inaccuracies" of the models, I can't say I blame them for not making the FDNY version.

If I ever get the time I plan on doing both version for my shelf. That will guarantee Code 3 will do them just as I finish the models.

Jeff

Sent you an email, jeff, with pics attached.
Pete

I do recall a photograph of the FDNY LDV with the more rounded Freightliner front end. I must have forgotten viewing that photograph in all the excitement.

But why no NYPD LDV. It is a "NO BRAINER", so producing a 1/64th version should have come natually for the Management of the "Other" company. We must assume that the lights are on, with nobody home. LOL

Here is a link to the LDV site with about thirty plus different paint schemes on sold units. They even show the FDNY LDV, plus one for Fort Worth, and a couple more cities that the "Other" company has already issued model fire equipment.

http://www.ldvusa.com/products/

I'd be happy to see ANYTHING come out of Code 3 that's police-related. The ESU trucks and the LAPD LDV have been the grand total of Code 3's commitment to restore a "police line," notwithstanding the late, lamented Orlando's statement at the 2004 Firehouse Expo that Code 3 would do one police release per quarter in 2005 (the total - zero).

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)