Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Del Prado Las Vegas Rescue Proportions

To those who have one, or have seen the real thing, or both, are the proportions correct on Del Prado's 1:80 Las Vegas Pierce Quantum heavy rescue?

The thing seems *awfully* long and narrow...

mjl

Re: Del Prado Las Vegas Rescue Proportions

Here's a pic, for those playing at home:

http://www.legeros.com/temp/vegas-baby.jpg

mjl

Mike,

The proportions look pretty good in your photos. When I get mine I will scale it out.
Jeff

I thought the exact same thing when I saw the real one. It's the longest single-axle rescue I've ever seen. I think the Delprado is a good representation of it.

I'd love to get this rig and add it to my 1/87 scale collection of fire apparatus, BUT would it look OK next to, say, the Boley Spartan pumpers or the Athearn Ford C pumpers or rescues that I have? Or would it look too big in comparison? How would it look next to the Del Prado alleged "1/87" scale Pierce Bronto or E-One aerial? (Those actually seem a little bit bigger than true 1/87 scale!). Those 2 Del Prado pieces actually don't look too bad next to my other 1/87 scale rigs I've mentioned, though. You can tell they're a little bit bigger but it's still not too bad.

So, would it be worth the investment for the Las Vegas Quantum rescue? I'm pretty particular about sizes and comparisons, etc., with my 1/87 line of rigs. If it would be comparible (i.e. same size) to the Del Prado Bronto and E-One aerial I may think about it. But if it's bigger than the Bronto and E-One aerial, I'll skip it. Please let me know. Thanks!

Can ANYONE help me out on the size comparisons??? Thanks!

I don't have either of the E-One's, so no help here...

mjl

The E-One aerials are the same size as the Pierce Brontos, if that helps.

I expect to have one soon. Then I can make the comaprisons.

Jeff

Jeff, are you getting yours through Hans?

Yes I am getting one through Hans. I also have one sitting in Germany waiting for me. I was hoping it would have been intoday's mail. But alas no. I check every day.

I have scaled out the other 2 and they do not look as alrge as they scale. I scaled them at about 1/84 but the HO master told me they are actually closer to 1/80.

Jeff

The Las Vegas Quantum rescue is supposed to be 1/80 scale. All I'm wondering is if it'll look out of proportion or not sitting next to the Del Prado E-One aerial and Pierce Bronto. I'd love to invest in the Quantum rescue but I want to make sure it'll look OK sitting next to my other 1/87 scale rigs as well.

Where would I be able to buy one?

Re: Chris, i have one for you, please sent me your emailadress

Hans, how many do you have???

Hans sent you an email

Re: Will check tomorrow, saturday, in my storage

OK here are my quick measurements:
1.2" wide >>> 104.4" and 8.7' in 1/87 scale
1.59" high >>> 138.3" and 11.53' in 1/87 scale
Box length: 3.385" long >>> 294.5" and 24.54' long
B-B length: 5.898" long >>> 513.1" and 42.76' long

It does look in scale to the Bronto and the E-One. I will take the digital caliper to it later. It will certainly work for me and my close to HO scale.

Jeff

Re: Jeff, did the package arrive? Or is this measured on the german one

Hans,

Yes I picked up the package first thing this morning. One will be headed to the stripper this evening.

Thanks so much.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)