Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Most Unexpected Releases of All Time?

So what are the most unexpected releases of all time? The models that nobody expected, nor necessarily knew they wanted.

Such as:

- Code 3's Diamond Plate Pierce Skywalker pumper
- Code 3's Chicago Squad Set
- Corgi's Mack Aerialscope tooling, when it first appeared after eons of ALF repaints
- Yat-Ming's classic GMC chemical wagon.

What are some others?

mjl

Re: Most Unexpected Releases of All Time?

The corgi AEC fire engine in the Chipperfields Circus livery.
That was the funniest.

Then the most annoying, after I spent time and money kitbashing, the corgi Mack B tiller.

Most surprising was the SPS set

i personally think the chicago squads should be off that list. i know alot of people expected them sooner or later. and i like em. now skywalker diamond plate? what the hell did that come out for? i bought one and that is cause my loser brother loves star wars

Unexpected and bewildering. The Chicago Cubs Luverne. Hey, no one said it had to be a pleasant surprise!

To me, I would say the Corgi Rochester, NY ALF. It wasn't even close to anything we had, especially with that blue gum-ball on the roof. They can be had for 1/3 the original price, & I still won't buy one.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)