Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
ATEV Firepics Spring Thaw

A group of Firepixers and ATEVers met outside Orlando, Florida for our Spring Thaw. As always a great time was had by all and highlights of the trip can we found at WWW.Firepics.net.

Highlights included:

a trip in the Broward Sheriff's new fire boat
Broward Sheriff's Haz Mat and WMD trucks
Reedy Creek 6X6 ladder
Fort Lauderdale FD
Port Everglades industrial pumpers
and a trip to FF Martin's Da Shops.

Photos at WWW.firepics.net

Re: ATEV Firepics Spring Thaw

Photos posted? Where? And thanks for sending me an invitation. I can guess what A-H didn't include me.

Chuck got his feelings hurt and had to curse, oooooooooooo here is a tissue poor ______...........

If you bothered to take a minute to really read Chuck's post, you'd have understood that Chuck's use of the word A-H probably meant "Al Hadley", who is the guy who started this thread. Shame on you for being so quick to think otherwise.

Remember to engage brain before speaking/typing.

Chucky,
Don't worry bud, how's my favorite wanna be?? Don't fret, the same thing happened to me earlier this year
when the "privileged", or so they think, few organized
a trip up to Maryland. It seems that folks like that don't like us "outspoken" types, why, because it takes
the focus off of them, they like thinking they are in charge when in reality they are not, especially with people like you and me. Can't comment on Mr. Hadley as I have not met him nor know him. I am still working on a Philly trip sometime in late Sept. or early Oct. Still in planning stage and not set in stone yet, but, if and when it comes about I will invite EVERYONE who is interested in going so will let
you know OK??
Ronbo
p.s. As far as Ft. Lauderdale I used to live there so for me personally its not that big of a deal.

OUCH !!!!

Wow. John Antonelli (Lime Guy) in an email a month ago mentioned that he'd be in Ocala to visit Ron Arnow sometime in March. I guess Al Hedley left me off the list as I'm not that much a visitor to this page lately, and he does not know that I also live in Soutwest Florida. I would have enjoyed the trip to the Fireboat, and seeing some of the old gang.

I still can't locate the photos. on the Firepics site. So why is C-V, another fellow I don't know, jumping on me? I've re-read my post from yesterday a few times, and I can't for the life of me figure out why he is so upset. Maybe he's just a Nut?

Chuck

I found the photos just fine on Firepics?? Thery are under "Appararus"...title ,"Fire Pics does Florida, Winter Thaw", someting like that. Right now they are on page 3

Thanks Troy, finally located the photos. I thought I had checked about every post, but missed it. And thanks to A-H for posting them. Cool shots.

And Hi R-O, how is retirement. Best to Rosie and hopefully you have a new Fuggley 2nd by now.

Chuck

Chuck:

Go to www.firepics.net and register

You may want to look in the 'other emergency vehicle" section as that is where the good police stuff is and I mean good.

ChuckBO,
Thanks for asking, Rosie and I are just fine, retirement is a hoot, too bad we could not start this at say, 30 years old?? If we could have done that we would probably had killed ourselves real quick. In any event we do have a (Fuggly 2) his name is Archie and he weighs in at 8.2 lbs. He thinks he a "Rotweiler", but, at 8.2 lbs. he is not too dangerous. When you have a chance why not take a little trip up here, would love to see ya, its been awhile and no, we will not go chasing cars around, got it?? We've got close to 60K people here now and the beat goes on and the keep selling homes, can see this place becoming a city in awhile. The FD just became an IAFF member and that sure tees off the developers and the local cops are FOP so things are moving nicely. Email me offline line if you are interested in a trip to Philly in Late Sept./early Oct.
Ronbo

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)