Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The best FD website I have ever seen...Check it out!!!

I'm not sure if this is new news, but I came across a website that knocked my socks off.

This site provides many 3-4 minute WMV videos that put you at the action as a privilaged observer. The sound is in stereo with the radio traffic, engines running, sirens bells and whistles.

These are found on the VIDEO tab. Also check out the video of a simple car fire on the WHATS NEW tab.

There is also a great audio/video on the HOME page if you click on the Engine 1 / Ladder 1 "Head Out" link.

This site gets 2 thumbs-up!

http://www.onlyredtrucks.com/pages/8/index.htm

Re: The best FD website I have ever seen...Check it out!!!

Agree 100%!

I was told about this website several months ago and checked it out. GREAT fire action from in and around Rockford, Illinois. Nice to see something different besides NY, LA, Boston, etc., i.e. 'Big City Action.' People sometimes forget that lots of good fire action happens in the smaller cities as well.

Yes, definately a great website not to miss.

JM82 -

When C3 figures that out (never) then they might be surprised in the increase in sales.

Amen, Brother.

I'd love to see Code 3 do some rigs from Peoria, Rockford, Springfield (Ill. and Mo.), Toledo, Youngstown (Ohio), Little Rock, Des Moines, etc., etc., just to name a few.

Great site for those of us who are not in the fire service. Gives us an idea of what you see everyday.

Yeah it really has some good video. I do have one question..there is one engine/tanker that seems to be based on a mack/peterbuilt semi chassis. Seems to be a very unusual/uncommon combination. Has anyone come across that type of equipment on other departments? Looks like it is more of a one-off piece as all the other engines were not the same. Just not something you see every day..at least in the chicago metro area.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)