Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Finally, april 7, the Christmas and St Patrick Chicago special at Code 3

Pictures in the club area

Re: OK, for not clubmembers, an ALF pumper green and ALF pumper red, both black roofed

Re: Finally, april 7, the Christmas and St Patrick Chicago special at Code 3

So, are there any ideas out there as to what department has/had the green ALF? The red one is obvious. I wonder what engine company it'll be, though.

My intial thought was the green one was going to be the St Patty day model. The other thought is it is deliberately painted incorrectly. Then my 2 guesses are Castle Shannon as part of a "continuity" series or Scottdale PA.

Jeff

I can't see it being 2 Chicago releases in the same mold esp if one of them is 'generic' esp given the complete lack of sale of E78 Cubs Luverne Pumper.

The Chicago ALF is a MUST. I've been waiting for it for a long time, I bet now that they have the mold Bill at PTH will be releasing another CFD ALF in a different Engine Company.

I hope they get the MARS 888 on the cab. My guess is engine 42. Your think we could do Engine 28 for st. patricks to match the Engine 28 from a few years ago. Watch for engine 17 to match the Back Draft station.

Maybe they will do an all Grey version for the US Navy, in honor of "flat tops." (the nick name for aircraft carriers....for those that don't know.... & since it is "flat" for those that still don't get it)

One of these days the'll get the Century Cab right,It still doesn't look right to me.

CHICAGO IS THE ONLY ONE IM BUYING AND IF THEY DONT HAVE MORE THEN JUST THE TWO RELEASES THIS MONTH IM GOING TO POOP IN A BAG AND SEND IT TO C3....WHERE THE HECK DID THAT ONE COME FROM.....HAHAHAHAHA

Red and black one most likely Chicago Engine 124. The Black over green one has me stumped. Definitely not a Chicago truck

Dave, Why not a Chicago truck??

What Chicago Companies ran ALF Century pieces?

John, Chicago had several. The First wave in 1973 went to downtown companies, 98,42,13,1,5,103,14, 129 The downtown ris were 2000 gpm doesn't look like the model in thw workshop. 1976 version is closer with the lights on the cab. Engine's 9,20,46,92,119, 69,110,112,116,121, 124, 89. Between the MACk, FWD era and the Ford C. American LaFrance was the big supplier. ALF was also a large supplier of rear mounts in the same time frame. I am sure there might have been a few more compaines I missed.

I figure it's not a Chi-town rig due to the single Code 3 light on the roof. Most of the Chicago ALF's had either Mars dual 360's or the Single Aurora Borealis roof lights

Sorry John engine 9 S/B 69. Also remember backdraft engine 17, and 51. My guess is it will be engine 92. Here's the question i have been trying to remeber did the high side compartments come after the refirb? Engines in Chicago didn't have highside's until almost 1980.

OK DAVEP, howd you get the insider information on engine 124?

No insider info, just a good guess. Went to Myers Fire Photos, and went through to Tim Vermande's site. The very last page of the Chicago apparatus pages has a side view of E-124. When I looked at the Code 3 photo, the Photoshopping on the doors wan't that great, and it looked like there was a three-digit engine number.

Is it me or when you look at the pictures on the Myers site (which ultimately links you to Tim V's Fire Photos) looking at both the E5 and E124 ALFs the detail seems to be lacking on the C3 models--maybe b/c they are prototypes???? I hope that is the case b/c that pump panel on the truck looks pretty detailed and C3s does not.

Bought 124, but could care less about a fantasy rig--wish they had just retooled it to suit the 73 ALFs and paint it in the traditional CFD colors with the correct light bar--that I would have bought, but I wasn't about to pay $49.99 for a fantasy rig. Not sure why C3 has done 3 fantasy pieces (4 if you count the un-numbered Tower Ladder--but I don't count that b/c it at least looks real). E28 St Paddy's Day and E78 Cubs just weren't big hits. I'm kind of surprised that this one sold out 250 pieces in an hour. Not my cup of tea. But I'm at least happy C3 made and ALF pumper for Chicago. Hopefully Bill at PTH retools it a bit at somepoint and puts out another REAL rig.

I'm still waiting for Bill to do the original Ward LaFrance in Chicago colors.

I SHOULD HAVE LEARNED LAST YEAR THAT BEING IN THE "CLUB" IS A LOST CAUSE....4TH MONTH INTO THE YEAR AND STILL NOT A TRUCK WORTH ORDERING

I totally agree Rick, IMO this is the worst 1st Quarter on record for Code 3, other the than clearance they ran on the warehouse queen's, I haven't spent a dime in four months.

The small production runs make it look like they are selling well, but, how many collectors have gotten board waiting for for Code 3 to make something a bit more interesting ? No FDNY, No Boston, No Baltimore, No DCFD, No Phlliy, No Providence, No North Carolina Rigs, in short, nothing I would be interested in.

I ordered the NMMM series just b/c I wanted something different for a change.

I actually would have considered the "standard colored" version, had they done the ALF cab correctly. What I do find amusing, is the fact that last year, there was no "St. Patty's" rig, & a large number of "collectors" complained. This year, they did one(however late) & a large number are complaining. I personally don't like "holiday" or "sports" releases from any maker, so wouldn't want one at any rate.

See, unlike the Christmas pumper--which they completely dropped the ball on this past year, I never saw the St Paddy's Day piece as an annual thing. Sure it started with a fantasy Chicago Luverne, but then the next year it was Castle Shannon--an acutual piece that just happened to be green--C3 never marketed it as a St P. release, but it called and asked if they were going do a St P. release, they told you it was the Castle Shannon rig....

The Christmas pumper was the one that really ticked me off--to me, that was a set--as long as they were in business, I could count on that each year. Granted I thought the Mack in '04 looked like crap, but I still bought it b/c I considered it part of 'a continuity set' I was so p'od when they didn't do one this year considering I have the first 7 sitting on a shelf.

As for sports, I'm a diehard fan.....but don't paint a fantasy piece. I can go (well, I used to before they went belly up) and buy any number of sports diecast pieces from Fleer--Fleer knows sports, they should make those pieces. Code 3 knows firetrucks, they should stick to just making that.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)