Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Finally, april 7, the Christmas and St Patrick Chicago special at Code 3

I SHOULD HAVE LEARNED LAST YEAR THAT BEING IN THE "CLUB" IS A LOST CAUSE....4TH MONTH INTO THE YEAR AND STILL NOT A TRUCK WORTH ORDERING

I totally agree Rick, IMO this is the worst 1st Quarter on record for Code 3, other the than clearance they ran on the warehouse queen's, I haven't spent a dime in four months.

The small production runs make it look like they are selling well, but, how many collectors have gotten board waiting for for Code 3 to make something a bit more interesting ? No FDNY, No Boston, No Baltimore, No DCFD, No Phlliy, No Providence, No North Carolina Rigs, in short, nothing I would be interested in.

I ordered the NMMM series just b/c I wanted something different for a change.

I actually would have considered the "standard colored" version, had they done the ALF cab correctly. What I do find amusing, is the fact that last year, there was no "St. Patty's" rig, & a large number of "collectors" complained. This year, they did one(however late) & a large number are complaining. I personally don't like "holiday" or "sports" releases from any maker, so wouldn't want one at any rate.

See, unlike the Christmas pumper--which they completely dropped the ball on this past year, I never saw the St Paddy's Day piece as an annual thing. Sure it started with a fantasy Chicago Luverne, but then the next year it was Castle Shannon--an acutual piece that just happened to be green--C3 never marketed it as a St P. release, but it called and asked if they were going do a St P. release, they told you it was the Castle Shannon rig....

The Christmas pumper was the one that really ticked me off--to me, that was a set--as long as they were in business, I could count on that each year. Granted I thought the Mack in '04 looked like crap, but I still bought it b/c I considered it part of 'a continuity set' I was so p'od when they didn't do one this year considering I have the first 7 sitting on a shelf.

As for sports, I'm a diehard fan.....but don't paint a fantasy piece. I can go (well, I used to before they went belly up) and buy any number of sports diecast pieces from Fleer--Fleer knows sports, they should make those pieces. Code 3 knows firetrucks, they should stick to just making that.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)