Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
NMMM Mack C95 and 1921 ALF

These two pieces came in the mail today. Altogether not bad. But the same old criticism, I'm afraid. Otherwise nice pieces are marred by ridiculous attempts to do something different.
The Mack has opening doors, which would be nice if the hinges weren't as big as your fist! The front wheels are also poseable. A nice touch.
Wish they had built the '21 ALF to the same scale as the Mack; but alas they had to fill the box it came in. The poseable front end on this one sticks out like a sore thumb. The front end is way oversize and if it was like that on the real truck it would get hung up on a 3" curb! Gages and one cap on the pump are chrome. The rest are painted silver. Go figure. Red plastic parts are not painted but are fairly close to the color of the metal parts that are painted.
Again passable pieces and they will be added to the collection but their prices are reflective of the limits placed on quality.

Re: NMMM Mack C95 and 1921 ALF

I got the ALF a while back(it's made by Signature), & for the $15.00 price, it's not a bad piece in my opinion. It's scaled with the rest of the 1/32 Signature line. It's the Mack, in 1/50, that's off. I wish they had done that one in 1/32, as originally specified.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)