Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Any news on Boley Rescues?

What's the latest?

Re: Any news on Boley Rescues?

after 2 years of waiting & pre ordering at walthers
I Gave up on Boley! I don't even want it now !
But their's good news And Didn't save money on my car insurance
thank god for del prado and them the
1/87 th Pierce Quantum Heavy Rescue (Las Vegas)

Walthers had these listed as being available April 1, 2006. Well, that date has come and gone and now they're listed as "Unknown" when they'll be available.

That Del Prado Las Vegas Quantum rescue looks good in pictures, but I'm afraid it's a little too big to be true 1/87 scale. Or is it?

anyone have a web site for Del Prado?

The Del Prado Quantum scales out pretty close to HO. I measured it at a little over 8 feet wide x ~11 feet high x 40 feet long. I have the exact measurements at home. I also posted them in the other Del Prado post a couple of weeks ago. It does sit high but that can be adjusted with a wheel repositioning. The cab is very close to the size of the Boley Ferrara/Spartans. However when compared to a NJI Pierce it looks large. However the NJI looks small compared to a Boley piece.

As for the Boleys, I have wiated this long. What is a while longer?

Jeff

The rescue's are "on the water" as of last night. There was a problem with the chrome plating, and that held them up even longer. While we all have to wait to add them to our collections, think about the people that dont get paid until they are sold, the sales reps that work off of commission.

Rich,

Any idea of what colors are coming? Are we getting the white and yellow/white versions as before? Or will we only see the white/red and black/red?

While we are at it, what were the final decsions on the box styles?

And, which came first, the diecast or the whine?

Jeff

Looking forward to recieveing these. Nice to know that they're on the way.

Walthers has it on their site that they're due May 15.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)