Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Roof lights on CFD ALF

I was looking at old pix of actual Chicago ALFs--is it me or did Code 3 (looking at the prepro pix) screw up the location of the dual gumball lights? On the model it looks like they are too close together and not positioned far enough to the outside edge of the roof. Looking at the actual rig, they look further apart and a lot closer to the edge of the roof.

Also, the pump panels--hope the mode as better detail than the prepro sample. I'm curious to see how well the final product looks. I really have some reservations right about now.......

Any thoughts?

Re: Roof lights on CFD ALF

I just viewed the ALF CFD 124 and 5 pumpers on the PTH site.

Wow, the green #5 St. Patty's Day (wasn't StPD back last month?) is an atrocity. Only the very odd Patriot Seagrave Doorstop could be described as uglier. I may have to burn my C3 Umbrella in protest.

However, I'm concidering ordering one (to bad it wasn't issued in a mailer box), even at 50 smackers. Nothing this terrible deserves to see the light of day, so I will do my duty to collectors worldwide and buy one to hide in a damp, dark closet, waiting for the Anti-Christ to leave his den of fire at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue to feed us Corned Beef and Cabbage with a pitch-fork.

I received mine today. The lights are further inboard than on most ALFs. However looking at 3 different ones on the CFD buff page, they lights do look to be about in the correct place.

Jeff

Hi,

What is the website for CFD Buffs?

Thanks,

Kevin

Mine is supposed to arrive tmrw.... Jeff, how's the piece overall? Good detail? Better looking than the proto?

Very little detail on the pump panel, reminds me of the 1st Code-3's that came out!

http://www.squidge.org/chicagofiredepartment/appengine/engine120.html

Thanks for the link Mike.

The lights are too close you are correct....gold pin stripes missing on the high side copmpartments....never ever have i seen the rig with telescoping lights behind the cab....and a black (pyrolite) pistol grip booster nozzle ???? and most of all...no 888 light on the front of the cab !!!

I need to see a picture of this '888' light? What is it?? It's driving me nuts because this isn't the first time I've heard the term, just can't visualize it. Any pic or link with a pic would be GREAT!!!!

Thanks guys!

I too thought the lights were way too close together..that was my first comment. And way tooo little detail on the pump panels. Definitely a step back. It looks like they are using the pump panels from the old crowns...

And I too have no idea about the mysterious 8-8-8 light.

I am in the UK, and probably wrong, but use this link, look at the 1st picture, I think the light above the grill in the center is an 888 light?
http://www.squidge.org/chicagofiredepartment/appengine/engine060.html

Yes that is the 888 light. On all of the CFD LaFrance's I have seen photos of, the 888 is flush mounted at the center. Also on this page it shows a LaFrance at the bottom. This one shows how far the lights really are in from the edge.

Maybe it's just the lighting but on the site, did you notice that the last picture (of E69), the green light looks to be on the port (wrong) side.

I know when Code 3 did the generic Chicago Tower they f'ed up put the green light on the wrong side.

copy this link and you'll normally see a photo of 1 of the 3 CFD 1977 ALF's with high side compartments similar to the Code 3 model :

http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/811/1977chicagoalf4fn.jpg

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)