Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Price up detail WAAAAAAAAAY down

Just opened my CFD ALF E124.....worst Chicago piece they've done. It's horrible. Hardly any detail. The first Seagraves had better pump panel detail. No signature green light on the starbord side (pix of most Chi ALFs I've seen had them). The roof lights look terrible--mine are actually crooked. They used a total of 3 colors on the whole truck--red, black, silver (then white/gold for lettering).

10 steps back Code 3...... You could have done a LOT better on this one.

Re: Price up detail WAAAAAAAAAY down

What did you really expect? This series was badly botched from the beginning. They'll still sell out though.

Quote "No signature green light on the starbord side (pix of most Chi ALFs I've seen had them)."

The pics I have seen of this engine, it did not have the green lens.

(but then again, the pics do show a blue one??)

Pete, we must be looking at the same pix, but I've seen pix of E1 and E5 (Both ALFs) and they have the green light......

This truck probably has about as much detail as the Corgi E20 ALF with the supersized front bumper. Of course I'm exaggerating, but when you compare this pump panel to other Chicago rigs, tools, warning lights, graphics--it just looks like Code 3 took too many shortcuts. Of any Chicago rigs they made, this is the absolute worst. BUT it was one of the more expensive ones!

Pete...follow this link for front shots of E1 and E5

http://www.squidge.org/chicagofiredepartment/appengine/engine000.html

I also agree with Pete that several of the Chicago Century engines don't appear to have a green light. It would be interesting to see the photos that Code 3 used for a reference. Obviously code 3 knows that most CFD apparatus have a green starbord light. So perhaps they modeled the piece as it actually appeared.

Jeff

WOW... Who the heck chose Code 3's production schedule / subject choices for this year ?

I am VERY disapointed all the way around in 2006, and without much to go on, I don't see anything to be excited about for next month either. "Two trucks from the same department w/ differnt color schemes" 1500 of one and 750 of the other, meaning, another short run (aka West Coast, or small department)..

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)