Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Code 3 What's New Page

I know we've heard and posted lots of comments on this and other boards about the cost associated with producing a mold/prototype..... That's why I was surprised when I read today's C3 What's New page where it mentions an update next week in the Workshop of piece they may or may not produce....... So my question is why would you put that time, money and R&D into something if you may not produce it?

It doesn't make sense......What do you guys think?

Re: Code 3 What's New Page

My guess it'll be the May release... By them saying it's only a "pre-production" model, could be a way just to throw us all off becuase lately all they have been worthy of is producing repaints and really nothing anyone wants. Therefore, if it's a flop and alls we do is b itch and moan they'll yank and put up a FDNY truck they have in storage just to be sure it's a sellout month

They trick you into reading different things.
It does not specificaly say its a new mold, just a potential new release.
And that is not yet a scheduled release, which could mean anything from a new mold to a re-altered exsisting one, or just a dept never done before.
And yes, they would put the time and money into testing out new ground, as in the past we have seen things in the workshop, never to see the light of day.
Like the LAX CFR, the ALF tiller.....

Maybe it is the San Francisco ALF Eagle paint scheme on an existing mold, and they want to see how the coments go, since the mold will not be correct. lol

I read the "WHATZ NOTZ NEWZ AGAIN PAGEZ" today and came away just as bitter as always. That page is just a waste of time.

Hey, maybe their big NEWZ is an ALF Funny Cab in Halliburton colors, on a Buckshot plinth?

You know, Pete, you may be right on this one, but even I don't think they'd be foolish enough to just show a repaint of an existing mold. They got to throw us a bone--How bout a Mack MR Rescue...... THAT WOULD BE SWEET! That would require them altering the NYPD ESU rig. Or even better--Mack Satellites.

I'm still bitter over years ago when they announced parnerships with KME and LA County but we've yet to see a KME Pumper for LA County......

I have to admit.....I really can't wait to see what they offer us....

promises promises.......... have we all forgot about the ALF tiller??

"I'm still bitter over years ago when they announced parnerships with KME and LA County but we've yet to see a KME Pumper for LA County......"

I know what you mean.
I still cannot see why they did not release them, I know they only use the one cab type that cant be replicated for any other dept, but that has never stopped them from releasing 4 or 5 different engine numbers.

Pete....I'd buy one of these--or 5 if they only changed the number....If they could capture all the detail.....what a model that would be!

http://www.code2high.com/lacofd_e12_4.htm

Drivers side:

http://www.code2high.com/lacofd_e12_3.htm

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)