Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Best Fire Stations / Sites in Vegas?

For reasons to be disclosed later, I'm headed to Vegas for a few days. What are some good stations / sites / stores to browse?

mjl

Re: Best Fire Stations / Sites in Vegas?

Mike: check firepics.net -- there is a thread in the apparatus section with a lot of info on Las Vegas apparatus (as well as Henderson and Clark County). If I remember correctly, also, the LVFD has a good website with station locations.... regards, jim

Mike

on busy nights, you can sometimes find an engine located near the strip, at a parking lot on the other side of the street of the Boardwalk hotel. Don't know why, have seen it twice, perhaps to be near the strip and avoid traffic

Mike,
LVFD has a fairly new station right downtown. It's just up the street from the Union Plaza. Also, if you get time, and can contact the Fire Station at McCarran Airport, ask for Bill Hutzfil. He is a friend of mine from USAF days. He is Capt/Training at the airport station. He might be able to get you out to the station to take pics if you want. Clark County station are all pretty easy to get to. Fire Training Academy is on W. Tropicana about 2 miles west of the strip. Here is the web site for Clark Co.
http://www.co.clark.nv.us/fire/firedept.htm

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)