Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Who actually ran Ford C Squrts like Athearn produced

Boston actually ran this piece--'79 Ford C Squrt.
http://www.massmetrofire.org/images/BostonSqurtdb.jpg

Did Chicago, DC, San Fran.... run these rigs?

I ordered the Boston one.....even though it's not 100% accurate it's pretty good. Same with the Boston/Chicago Ford C pumpers--both depts ran Ford Cs but Boston's had E-One body's not KMEs. Again, still good looking pieces.

Plus you got to figure next year (or maybe for Christmas) they'll do the 1/50 scale rescues--again, Bosoton had one of those.

So what other depts that Athearn reproduced actually had those pieces. Anyone got pix? I know DC had the pumpers but w/phone booth style crew cabs.

John

Re: Who actually ran Ford C Squrts like Athearn produced

The protoytpe for the Athearn models was a unit based in Indian or Illinois. All the rest are fictional.

Jeff

I've heard that the prototype was the model of GARDNER, IL !!!

It Was Gardner, Illinios.I posted shot of the rig on Firepics about 2 weeks ago.
You can read the whole article in the April issue of Toy Trucker.
Even though the Athearn Web site says Gardner,Indiana.
There is no Gardner, Indiana.

Chicago never had anything like that!

The Ford C cab Tsqrt that Gardner,IL has is a used rig. It is unknown where it first served. Anyone have any ideas????

Indianapolis Fire Dept used to run a Ford C cab Squrt.

It used to be at Station 1, near westside of Indianapolis downtown, and the IUPUI complex, and made all second alarm fires. Then it was moved to Station 26, near the University of Indianapolis campus, and was there for a few years. After that, it disappeared.

This was back in the late 80's.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)