Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Remember those elusive white Yat Ming /35 Macks?

I got a catalog in the mail today from the Fairfield Mint (Connecticut) and low and behold they are showing the white Yat Ming Mack. They are asking two payments of $29.95 for it. I wonder if it will come in the complete package. I ordered one of the first Maxim's from them and it didn't; just in a plain box. A bit expensive, I think!

Re: Remember those elusive white Yat Ming /35 Macks?

Hold off, Charlie...

The white Macks should be available shortly...

My sources say they are in a container on the west coast...held up for a bit...but they should make their way east to Yat Ming soon.

Regular Yat Ming dealers should have them, as well as direct from Yat Ming's web site...

More upcoming in my column...

Larry Phillips
TOY TRUCKER Magazine

I'll do that! Thanks, Larry.

The Container that is on the West Coast should be for the Private Distributor. The Yat Ming Container comes in thru the Panama Canal into the Gulf for the Yat Ming Warehouse in Georgia. It will take more time to get there. As for the White Macks, I've had the 2 samples for a while that never made it to Wal-Mart. Charlie, you can find them at better prices. Try Marilyn & Gil's Fire Station, I know she's waiting for them. Westchester Collectibles also has them listed. I can't wait to get my hands on the Freeport ALF, they should be here soon, they were delayed in getting final approval.

Paul K...Any word on what's planned for Yat-Ming next? I'm still holding out hope for an ALF 500 or 600 series.

You might see a 400 ALF down the road, but no 500 or 600 have been photographed that I know of.

A gentleman from Yat Ming told me they were interested in the '37 International-based Pirsch pumper that Franconia VFD (Virginia) owns (I sent him some photos), but I could never find out conclusively whether someone still owns the rights to the Pirsch name - a guy on the Pirsch board gave me a clue, but the person he mentioned never responded to my e-mails. That would be a beautiful truck if they'd make it.

I'll wait for Marilyn to get them in. She advertised the 1975 Chevy and GMC's in 1/16 scale so they must be there also.

"""I'll wait for Marilyn to get them in. She advertised the 1975 Chevy and GMC's in 1/16 scale so they must be there also."""

Those 1/16 pieces have nothing to do with Yat-Ming....(just an FYI) I believe they are made by what is essentially a division of ERTL.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)