Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Glendale red Quantum

Received the Glendale red Quantum this afternoon -- production #10 (second lowest I've ever received!). Anything special other than the low production number? Well, this IS a new casting -- it's the new Quantum, similar to the raised roof Las Vegas Quantum, except this time low or flat roof. Front end is the same as Las Vegas -- that is, much better grill and lights compared to the earlier casting of the Quantum. The bumper is new. The grab bars on the side of the cab are separate molds, not cast in place as in the earlier casting (same as Las Vegas). The side compartment molding is the same as the Las Vegas, but the hosebed is a new separate piece, so that the rear view is substantially revised. The pump panels are new. Ladders are an off-yellow, not very good looking. But all in all, a winner.

Re: Glendale red Quantum

Looking forward to getting mine. I ordered the pair from Bill at Past Time Hobbies. Payed a little more, but the yellow one was already sold out through Code3. Plus, it's always nice to do business with someone you've met in person.

Re: Glendale red Quantum

Jim, I'm right behind you with #8

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)