Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Code 3 Moving...

So much for the naysayers who predicted C3 shutting down. Truth is now out...they are moving to a bigger facility to better serve their clients...with the same old molds. This way when the stuff doesn't sell they have more room to warehouse it.

Re: Code 3 Moving Sale next Friday.

Bring on the FDNY.

No one will be laughing when the Super Pumper Systems are $50 a set.

If that happens (SP for $50)....that's when I officially give Code 3 the biggest middle finger I can offer. 5 months into the year all we've seen are repaints, repaints, and did I mention the repaints?

SPS is just about a year old.....there's no way they can drop it down that low--not just yet. MAYBE half-off, but that's it. That would be reasonable given how large the boxes are and assuming they aren't close to the 10K selling quota, that will clear the floorspace for more repaints.

But keep in mind.....are they going to a bigger warehouse because of fire stuff or is it for the Star Wars stuff that's probably really taking off. I think it's the latter. Unlike fire trucks which you can get repaint after repaint with the same mold, each SW piece is unique. And in all honesty I think their collectors base outnumbers ours.

So yes, they're moving but they may not be doing it for the benefit of us fire buffs. Our hobby may get placed on the backburner..... Think about it--we haven't seen a new mold--the only tease (Tarrytown) was ANOTHER repaint. Big deal they'll give us a 10 Truck Diamond Plate--I won't be able to afford it--at least not until they move back to a SMALLER warehouse and have to liquidate again

My 2 cents....... Have a great weekend!

My brother-in-law works for Mattle and he said that Funrise Toys has just landed a major contract in the toy industry that has nothing to do with diecast. Could be why they need a larger facility.

Honestly do you guys even read what you write?

Name 1 diecast company who does not use their molds repeatedly. If you really wanted a new release each time you couldn't afford the models. Look back through the archives and you will see this has been done with every casting to date. It is just the way of the world.

Do you forget the Glendale Quantums are a new mold?

Funrise just had its 3rd best year ever. Not exactly knocking on heaven's door. A move to a larger facility. Yes this signals the end is nigh.

Just a couple years ago this board was full of complaints about too many models being released. Then there were tons of suggestions on how the models should be repainted. Go figure.

As for the other lines in the "collectibles" range...Yes they will do better. I stated that when the space range was first announced. I was poo-poo'd. There are far more Star Wars/Star Trek etc collectors than fire collectors. They are also much more rabid than diecast collectors. Same goes for space collectibles. The space collectors tend to spend more per item.

Truth is Code 3 is still producing the highest quality small scale fire models out there. They may not all be grand slams but they are going for extra bases.

Jeff

Like Donald Sutherland said in "Kelly's Heros", Always with those negative vibes........ where were these repaint gripes back in 97, 98 when Code 3 kept bringing out FDNY Trucks and Ladders not to mention the Mesa run, the LA run, Louisville run, and more. I didn't here the whining about REPAINTS then.

I will be laughing if the SPS goes for $50, then I will buy one, but I too doubt they well sell them for much less than half, if they even go that low.

I suppose the surprises will be the selling off of the "sold out" models that have been previously reserved for retailers.

I agree with the sentiments expressed by Jeff, especially related to the fact that Code 3 is still producing the best and most detailed fire pieces in that scale.

You should consider yourselves very lucky Stateside, Corgi are absolute rubbish as far as fire collectors go this side of the pond!!!!

Don't know why they need a larger warehouse, because they are producing so few models 750/1500 and they are sold out in two or three days...
And they are going to blow their stock; one more time; the second time this year!!!
Patrick.

Moving. Moving where? Are they moving from expensive office space in Woodland Hills to a larger low rent warehouse in Mexico? Moving does not mean that they are a healthy company. And their new contract may just be some junk toys for McDonalds, as they just dropped Disney junk for their Happy Meals, and stopped paying the Mouse over one million per year for use of name and characters. You guys need to stop believing everything that's spoon fed to you. As for this big sale, maybe they couldn't find a liquidator this time that would take all their unsold stock? Maybe their regular wholesalers only offered pennies on the dollar? Something to think about.

Re: Go to Funrise.com, see they are in flipping milk caps now, NHL etc

x

If having those other lines means they stay in business then more power to them.

If they stay in business doing other lines then there is a better chance they will keep making fire related items. If they don't have the other stuff the chances of them going out of business increase.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)