Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
I shouldn't say "I told you so, but...."

I will anyway, because I warned everyone right after the SPS set was released that I'd say it after it went on sale at 50% off within a year of release - I didn't think it would happen quite this early, but it's about when I expected it. Anyone could see that they greatly overestimated, perhaps not the appeal of the SPS, but the ability of collectors who perhaps would have liked to get the Super Pumper and Tender and maybe one satellite for $150 to pay $300+ for a set. There was no way they were going to unload 10,000 sets - and the unsold ones were going to take up a huge amount of space, given the size of the box -so it made sense to wait for the inevitable sale. Like someone else said in another post, it probably will go on sale again at an even lower price, but I don't know if I'll take that chance. As for those who say they'll never buy at initial retail prices again, I have a feeling that Code 3 from now on will be releasing everything in the 750 and 1500 piece issues we've been seeing this year. I was told by an official of a major diecast retailer that's getting some custom pieces made that zinc prices are going through the roof because of Chinese demand. He believes that prices are going to continue to rise for diecast and will force cheap diecasts off the market, to be replaced by higher-end pieces aimed at serious collectors - which probably will mean lower issue sizes, better detail and higher prices.

Re: I shouldn't say "I told you so, but...."

Well, I felt bad after emailing Code 3 that I was one who would in fact buy a SP set if they made it and felt guilty so I bought one. Now I realize that if I waited I would of saved huge cash and still kept my word. Best thing is the Cdn exchange is 10% now and when I bought the SP set it was 22% so i spent and extra $40 in exchange not to mention 150 extra. **** you Code 3. IF you want us all to rush out and buy something just released again....ha ha, think again

Re: I shouldn't say "I told you so, but...."

I picked up three of the fireboats. Not a big enough fan to buy tham at full price but at this price sure.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)