Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Code 3 Sale: What about the Mom and Pop diecast stores?

Searching the net for the new boley rescues, I saw that some of the smaller diecast stores are also selling their stock at almost the same discounts. I lost $160. One company I talked to lost $1600. Just food for thought. This put it in perspective for me. My other hobby, the Mom and Pop shops are closing faster then ever. Wonder, if the diecast shops are gonna go the same route.
John

Re: Code 3 Sale: What about the Mom and Pop diecast stores?

There used to be five stores in my area that sold diecast a few years ago. Three had a very good selection. Now only one small store is open and they now cater to RC car people and some HO trains. It was probably the internet that put them under.

What is your point. Times change. Technology changes. Plenty of Mom and Pop businesses were run by people with vision who were able to see the possibilities of the internet. They are thriving as internet sellers without all the overhead of a brick and mortar store. Those that didn't have vision to see the possibilities of the internet get forced out of business. That's life. Get over it. Perhaps the government should never have allowed automobiles in this country because it put the horse stables out of business. Right now, newspapers are suffering and it won't be long before many of them are gone. The public no longer has the need for print on paper as a medium for receiving news. Those publishing companies that understand the internet will thrive because they will figure a way to make more money providing news on the internet or over cell phones or some electronic form we haven't even heard of yet. We would still be living in the stone age if we always worried about preserving things the way they are. Would you trade the convenience of the one stop supermarket for the way your gransmother shopped...riding the bus or walking first to the produce store and then to the butcher shop and then to the dairy and then to the bakery. It took half a day, every day to buy what you can now buy in an hour at the supermarket.

John, we should be seeing those Boley rescues tomarrow on the fireandcopshop.com website....hopefully.

And speaking of The Fire and Cop Shop, there is a relatively new "mom and pop" diecast store that is doing quite well. A little hole in the wall, selling promarily on the internet and run by mom and pop Deyo. Can't say all the small people are being hurt! Their secret? Customer Service !!!!!!

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)