Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
NMMM MAXIM has arrived in CT

Mailman was just here with the Fathers Day present I bought for my self!!! The Corgi Maxim from NMMM's American Fire Engine Classics Series. For the price, very nicely done. They really captured the look of the Maxim front end.
Two very realistic booster reels with a realistic reel of power cord in between. Lettered for City of Madison Fire Department. Has a hose bed cover that in real life appears to have folded back to expose the hose bed. Headlights have clear lenses but on the spot lights above the windshield the lenses are chrome. Rear facing flashers above the hose bed have painted red lenses. For an apparatus of that age, the pump panel is fairly well detailed. There are gates on the two outlets. Two additional pump outlets on the passenger side, both with gates in place.

The ladder looks a little cheap..too plastic looking and the volunteer turnout gear rails are realistic in scale but made of plastic so they are bowed and obviously can not retain their shape. All in all, I am very happy with it...Probably will buy another Maxim when Corgi releases one in a different livery. NOW, if they would only make an aerial to go with it!! So many departments here in New England had entire fleets of Maxim's of this vintage.

Re: NMMM MAXIM has arrived in CT

Sounds like a kit bash project, Ed! I have a 1/25 scale 1955 Maxim '75 Aerial that I built a few years ago. You are right, though! What a combo that would be!

Charlie, I was thinking kitbash myself, there were so many midmount Maxims in New England. I think the Corgi ALF ladders might lend themselves to a Maxim conversion. Corgi did a beautiful job with this model, so adding one of their older ladders would actually be a drawback.

Mine arrived today in NC.

Here's quick pic: http://www.legeros.com/temp/maxim.jpg

mjl

Nice pic, cann't wait to put my hands on mine.

The replica seems to be the same as the sample.

With chance will arrive in Belgium end of the week.

Patrick.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)