Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
PTH NEW SPECIAL

Received an email blurb from PTH that they intend to offer a Special Release from the "Other" company (?) sometime in the next month or so. It will be in Chicago FD paint, but I have no clue what type of vehicle model will be. Does anyone know if CFD runs a black over red LVD? I do know that CFD runs a variety of rigs, maybe it will be a repaint of something previously offered. Hopefully, not a renumber, and really not a fantasy model like the Green Laverne & Shirley.

Re: PTH NEW SPECIAL

Interesting.....I haven't seen that email yet, unless the ol spam filter took the liberty of removing it. They do run a few Seagrave ladders so that could be an (outstanding) option. Or maybe we get ALF Tower for TL5 (but that would surprise me b/c they already issued a generic tower). They could always resurrect the the Mack CF Ladder for Truck 15.......

Bill usually never dissapoints so this should be good unless he takes the fantasy rig route

Who is the other company?? First gear, NMMM. corgi????
Inquiring minds would like to know but the way these companies
have been secret, who knows. Off topic:: The diecast promo GMC
rigs have been delayed till august production problems aacording
to the lady I spoke to at their 1-800 number.

Chuck is referring to Code 3 as the "Other" company....

...and hopefully this new release would be a canopy cab Ward LaFrance Ambassador - not the "Backdraft"/Ranger version.

Good Call on the WLF....Maybe Engine 8.....

The Ward LaFrance would be a great PTH special release, but I hate to be the bearer of bad news. I spoke with Bill about doing this very same model over a year ago, and he stated the re-tooling costs associated with such a model would be cost-prohibitive to him. Who knows, maybe he just said that to throw everyone off. It would a pleasant surprise, to say the least.

We sure seem due for another airport release. Any existing molds that fit an as-of-yet unnamed CFR rig?

mjl

Engine 23 WLF and Truck 5 Pirsch when they ran together.

Chicago Ladder Tower #10

You may be right. There was a note on TL10's website a few months back saying that they sent pictures of their rig to C3 hoping it would be reproduced.

I received another PTH email blurb last evening. Just something about some Corgi release.

No mention of a "Special Release" on that email by the "Other" company to coincide with the release of the new "Omen" movie in theaters soon. I didn't realize that the origonal "Omen" films took place in Woodland Hills and Chicago. I always assumed they were set in Europe. One thing is for certain, the issue will be marked as Unit No. 666. LOL

i got one about a special release coming soon but nothing about any hints or anything like that. and i called bill at past time hobbies and he said he didnt send any e-mails regarding anytrhing about a hint. i dont know boys

PTH only offers specials in Chicago Fire Department, or Police, to my knowledge. If you got the email, it said look for a special comming in the next months. I don't think it will be a FDNY or Alaska State Police issue, because they don't offer these from their Chicago based store. I would assume it is a CFD, done by "Other" company. Makes sense to Me.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)