Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Today's Code 3 Hint

The Stryker might be a good guess. Here is a story from the Oshkosh web site that shows the NY/NJ PA Stryker.
http://www.oshkoshtruck.com/pdf/Oshkosh_Striker_in_Fire_Rescue_Magazine.pdf

Of course the department has to be the PA - so is this one of the "4 police models" that Orlando said Code 3 was going to release every year back about 3 years ago (haven't seen a new police model since he said that). Even a fire truck with police markings like the PA Oshkosh would be welcome.

As for me, and after almost five years, I'd rather see the money spent eliminating bin Laden (remember him?), than going into the manufacture and purchase of another 911 related commemorative.

Who sais anything about a '911 commemorative"? My money is on the LDV.

Maybe a Ford "Radio Emergency Patrol" truck, operated by the NY/NJ PAPD ESU? They look very, very similar to the NYPD Trucks.

My guess would be PA as well. The one thing that sticks in my mind is the last time they announced a PA release, they encountered licensing issues. Perhaps they're beyond that this time...

I figure by now they have worked out the licensing issues, so now they are going to release one of the previously planned trucks, an LDV or a REP truck, but there is the possiblility of a new crash truck.

I guess it just depends if Code 3 wanted to design a new mold or use an old one...

The REP it is, for the July Release.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)