Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Not Diecast, But Should Be!

Bickford Code 3 has completed the command post they've been building since last year for the Maryland State Police. Take a look at this monster: http://www.bickfordcode3.com./mobile.htm. Looks like it's based on a Kenworth tractor, but it's not articulated like a tractor-trailer; it's one long straight truck. This looks even longer than the command posts that Pierce has been making on its fire apparatus chassis. The company is located in Chantilly, Virgina, and I've been out there a couple of times (unfortunately, when the company was closed) to see if I could see this thing (they've had a drawing of it on their website for months but these are the first photos posted). I called the company and a nice lady told me the CP was delivered to the MSP last week. Someone else told me it will be based at Waterloo Barracks, which is where their Ford Excursion emergency communications truck, also made by Bickford, is located. This would make a great conversion of a diecast truck model!

Re: Not Diecast, But Should Be!

What's more impressive (to me) is the Arlington County Rig.....I've never seen it and I'm in Arlington regularly--where is it housed? Station 101? THAT'S something I'd like to see reproduced complete w/moving parts. I always said ACFD would be a GREAT department to reproduce--between the Tower Ladder, Rear Mounts, Pumpers, Heavy Rescues--that would be a nice set of rigs.......

What a monster!!! You need at least 2, maybe 3 spotters to back up. And no ground clearance. Hope thay don't go over any high spots, like R/R crossings, they'll tear those bottom compartments right off. Typical cop thinking.

John A.,

The Arlington Command Unit is housed at Station 102 in Ballston.

Mike Sanders
Ashburn, VA

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)