Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: C3 July Release

Another release that I'm not buying. At this rate all I'm getting for joining the club is a worthles ladder truck....HAY CODE 3 YOU WILL NOT RIP ME OFF AGAIN...wasted money on a wasted club

Let the record show there hasn't been a completely new mold at all the first 7 months of '06. Looks like all the R&D and mold money went into a DP Ladder Truck which will undoubtedly be priced out of most of our ranges......until they offer it for 75% 6 months later.......

Let the record show there hasn't been a completely new mold at all the first 7 months of '06.

John A, what would you call the June release, another repaint????If so of what. Always those negative vibes...... Al

C5....June was not a new mold--they modified an existing mold--the NYPD ESU piece. When I think new mold I think of something we haven't seen before at all. Yes there were a number of differences between the 2, but it is still a Mack with a rescue box.

Sorry.....they're 0-7 this calendar year......and I'm saving lots of $$.

Actually, I'm curious to hear what the rest of you think--was June, in your opinion, "a new mold"?

I think of a new cab/chassis when I hear new mold. I would not consider this a new mold if all they changed was part of the body.

I won't buy it either as I don't do police and I will save my money for a real new release not a repaint or sort-a-modified mold

Well 5 months = 5 releases

We know what 4 of them will most likely be

Hoffman Estates IL Pierce Quantum Pumper
TarryTown NY ALF Mid Mount Ladder Tower
FDNY Seagrave Ladder 10 Diamond Plate
X-Mas ALF Century Pumper

Is the Hoffman Estates Quantum the old or new Quantum???

And the 5th one will be the Portland or Ventura ALF Eagle repainted to look loik San Francisco...

John A. I consider FDNY Rescue 2, to be the NYPD ESU truck also, with the box slightly retooled.

In response to several postings above: 1) I for one am elated to FINALLY see another police release, though it's admittedly unspectacular except for the price 2) I can conceive of a lot of other possible releases that would be more boring than this one, mostly repainted bread boxes 3)I also agree with John A. that there hasn't been a new mold yet this year, though I did buy the Mack rescue.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)