Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Okay - My head is in the giloutine - My last request - CHOP AWAY...

"Do you have any last requests?"

Yes - I would like to to say a few things to my fellow ATEV'rs that may read this...

The ATEV is a brotherhood like I have never witnessed before. A band of brothers from across the lands that all share in a common passion and interest in learning new things about model fire trucks, rescue vehicles and police cars, and their past and evolving technologies.

As I am in no way one of the original ATEV'rs, I would like to say that I have been involved with this board for about the last five years with my thanks to Jeff Hawkins. However, it appears that JH has moved onward and I know that most of us very much appreciate his funding.

The way I see it is that ATEV was started on a little 'Internet Web Site' hosted by Bravenet and paid for by JH. I call it ATEV Station #1. But it is not the station that holds us togeather, but our common interests. You see, ATEV is a unique gathering of people like ourselves whether it be at at a convention, tour, dinner, or just simply here on the web. We share like brothers should.

But Station #1 is crumbling and not from fire, but finances. And due to that, scumbag pop-up - invasive intruders - data miners have taken occupancy of our Station #1. And we are either going to foot the bill or move out.

We have a welcome ticket from Mutual Aid at FireEngines.net (ATEV Station #2). This is a brand new facility with squeaky clean floors. But there are some changes that we need to get used to.

We have to have an access card (password) to open the door. The Station also looks a little different, but all the equipment is there. In fact much of the newer stuff is there as well. So you retired ATEV'rs need to re-qualify (just kiding).

SO - BEFORE YOU GUYS AND GALS CHOP MY HEAD OFF, PLEASE TELL ME WHY YOU WON'T MOVE OVER TO FIREENGINES.NET?

Oh yea - one last thing - I have no affiliation with either web site (Bravenet or FireEngines), I just think Larry has gone out of his way to keep our brotherhood togeather.

Okay - CHOP AWAY... Just wait a few minutes while I scan my computer for spyware and viruses...

Re: Okay - My head is in the giloutine - My last request - CHOP AWAY...

I honestly don't care where we post just as long as we all know where to go. The information passed along this site is absolutely priceless as well as the discussions that go along with it.

Admittedly I'm not a big fan of having ANOTHER password protected site. BUT, if it prevents the hackers, pop-ups, viruses, then it's a seemingly small price to pay.

I have been posting on this board for a few years now, it would be sad to see it go, but I do think we are losing some of our tenants over the fiasco that is called pop-ups :(

As Kurt Russell said in Backdraft...."You go, we go."

So you guys go to post to another site, I'll be right behind you. But again, it will be sad to see this one go away......

Again, everyone is welcome.

I tried to make it a non password board but I spent the better part of an hour a day removing the spam.

I can add or remove categories. So what you guys want I can do with the board. One catchall category is fine if you wish.

Larry Lorance

I'm a big proponent of one catch all site similar to this. Most of the time you can tell what it's going be about from the subject line. Esp when folks say thing in the subject like "look for" "for trade" "parts".....

That's the biggest appeal of this board.

I really don't understand what the problem is t keep this site. If somebody knows how to trace Jeff H and ask him to hand over the password to get into this system, i will be happy to (partly) pay for the subscription to get the pop ups away and maintain this board. instead of the nondiscussion about moving or not, lets try to solve this minor looking problem

I don't care if it moves as long as I know where to respond to.

I have emailed Jeff two times about paying the fee and taking over the board. As of yet, Jeff has not returned by emails.

Larry Lorance

I say "Move", due to the viruses and Trojans.

Yes, it's been fun and informative here, but the popups are crazy, as are the risks for viruses, etc.

Yeah, well.....

If you're going from "Station 1" to the "squeaky-clean Station-2," leave your dirty boots and all the rest of the crappy attitude from here outside.

As you personally have no doubt discovered by now, any flaming or insulting posts die a quick death at Fireengines.net. That nonsense belongs here, so leave it here.

I sometimes dont understand this.
"PLEASE TELL ME WHY YOU WON'T MOVE OVER TO FIREENGINES.NET?"

Well, to most of us, this is "our" board.
We have no need for the "other" board.
More importantly, for those of you who have moved to the other board, WTF are you doing popping back here and moaning about the fact that some of us are still here.
Aaaaaaaah, are you lonely over there?

Untill this board actualy closes down, here I will stay. I have always been happy here.

Pete(UK)

I agree with you. This is the original board and should stay this way. I found this board several years ago and have checked it at least twice a day every since. I don't reply very often, but I do enjoy everyone's comments and opinions, both good and bad.

I have to admit, I do check both boards everyday. I wouldn't want to miss something news worhty! As I said, I, like you, enjoy this board and it is the one and only original and should remain that way.

As far as collectables go, if I see an item that looks good to me, I'll buy it. We have so many choices now, this wasn't the case just a few years ago. I just love firetrucks and have for all my life!

Chief Riley

Please ATER'rs, go over to the Code 3 Board, or Fireengines.net, or start some new pages, but stay away from Scale Firehouse. We don't need the backstabers, crybabies, and malcontents that occupy this web site. We are mostly plastic builders, and could give a hoot about why Code 3 has ruined your day. Please, have a heart, and keep away so we can keep our civilized site. Thankyou.

The Scale Firehouse is so popular that most of those forums are dated last December. So, "Concerned", why does this concern you? (no pun intended!).

Right, thats settled, from now on, all moans and gripes, go to the scale firehouse board.
Thanks for the heads up,I would never have heard of it till you mentioned it.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)