Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The New Hallmark Ornament

Saw the new Hallmark ornament tonight. Neat piece. The detail is about the level of Del Prado, or the Hallmark American LaFrance ornament. The rig is an interesting truck. It almost looks like one of those home-built jobs that rural departments would build themselves out of a spare truck chassis. I'll pick one up on Saturday when they go on sale.

mjl

Re: The New Hallmark Ornament

ahh mike ya beat me to it! anyway I hope they make the colorway variation as well. makes for a nice display.
andrew

Are you talking about the 1961 GMC Fire Truck with the front mounted pump.

You know of the 4 rigs in this series (and I think when it started they said they would issue 6), the only one that really looked like crap was last year's. The first two were nice--I kno the gripe with the ALF is the oversized beacon, but that's the price you pay to have animated parts.

Does anyone know what light/sound effect this pumper has?

The two top red lights flashes and the front head lamps are lighting for few seconds.

I feel the chevy of last year not so bad, sure the Reo from Corgi NMMM is more accurate and more detailed, but the price is higher.

I talked with Larry Phillips of the Toy Trucker and He says another version will be out later this year, Different color!

http://www.hallmark.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/article|10001|10051|/HallmarkSite/OurProducts/KeepsakeOrnaments/2006DreamBook/2006_DREAM_ONLINE_24

Re: The New Hallmark Ornament- Better Page

this is the direct page:
http://www.hallmark.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/article|10001|10051|/HallmarkSite/OurProducts/KeepsakeOrnaments/2006DreamBook/2006_DREAM_ONLINE_24

The special, harder-to-find "colorform" version will be released in October, I believe.

Alas, I have no information regarding the color of the limited-edition version.

mjl

FYI...for all that want this model....the stores in the Chicagoland area will not sell it to you until Saturday...even though they are out on display ! Go Figure !

Just bought mine.....SWEET. Best one of the 4 releases to date. Both beacons and the headlights light up for about 10 seconds after you press a tiny button in the hose bed.

Speaking of which the hosebed is pretty sweet with a bed of fiber/material hose--feels real. Same with the ladders--they almost have a wooden feel to them.

May have to buy another for the tree as this one is going on display. Well worth the price

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)