Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
NMMM 1936 Reo Speedwagon

Recived my National Motor Museum Mint's 1/50th Scale 1936 Reo Speedwagon Yesterday. It's a very well done piece, nice detail, but is very small next to the other Corgi trucks.

Re: NMMM 1936 Reo Speedwagon

Yes I got mine since 2 weeks, I've received it same time as my Maxim; what a difference.

It's a lovely little old rig, very well made with lot of details (buckets, acid soda extenguishers...) like all the new Corgis.

The Seagrave Sweet Heart grille seems to be between
the Reo and the Maxim in size and the sample looks very very nice. Cann't wait to put my hands on it;
probably not before end of september...

Patrick.

Got my Maxim yesterday. Nicely done but a bit wide in the grill. Somehow my K Series Seagrave got lost in the shuffle so I'm one piece behind. Don't have the Reo yet. Am anxiously waiting the sweetheart grill Seagrave!

Is the REO the correct 1/50 scale. Mine seems REAL small. Just wondering what everyone else thinks.
Please let me know, thanks.

Dan.

REO's weren't very big as far as commericial truck chassis go - hence the term Speed Wagon - they moved at 40 mph. I think this one is modeled after a Seagrave-REO

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)