Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Baldwin Corgi Ahrens-Fox?

A few months ago (sometime in '05 maybe?) I remember someone on here mentioning about a Corgi Ahrens-Fox being produced for Baldwin, NY FD, and even including a link to a department website. Does anyone know if this was ever produced, maybe as an in-house run, or promotional piece? If anyone has any info, please let me know. Thanks,

Pete

Re: Baldwin Corgi Ahrens-Fox?

Pete,

I'm a former member of Baldwin H&L 2. I'll check with some friends in the Baldwin FD and let you know.

Stay safe,

Tom

The guy I spoke with is meeting with Corgi after the Firehouse Expo to discuss the project. Hopefully I'll find out more in the beginning of August.

FYI, Baldwin's Fox is the last Fox remaining in active service. It runs as the second piece from Hose 1. Granted, it is mainly a parade piece, but it does make major fires in town.

Stay safe,

Tom

Tom, thanks for the update, please keep me informed when you find out more info. I'm sure it would be a beautiful model if it were made and something I'd love to add to my collection.

Thanks again,
Pete

Bad news on this issue. Evidently Corgi wants the fire company, Baldwin Hose 1, to pay all costs involved with adjusting the trucks details to reflect the actual rig. The company turned it down due to the high costs.

If things change, I will let you know.

Stay safe,

Tom

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)