Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
1966 Cad. Amb

FYI: DiecastDirect:@http://www.diecastdirect.com/asp_modules/add_item.asp?ProductCode=PMSC-10RW

Re: 1966 Cad. Amb

Pretty cool....And now lets see how many classic ambo buffs are out there. Which ambulance body builder is this model from and what is the one give-away as to the answer?

S&S....In the product description...Actually,the "Tunnel Lights"

Sweet...but wish it were smaller scale. Definately a nice piece.

Be nice to se one in 1/50 scale.... still pretty sharp!

It seems once a mold is done, someone always does another in a different scale sooner or later. Let's hope!

After some more thought,it's the Suicide Doors,ain't it??

I'm sorry, I didn't see that it said it was an S&S in the description...lol...I guess I was just so excited to see it...lol...And the style of tunnel lights is one clue to identify the S&S rigs. Not sure about the suicide doors, as I think other builders offered these also, maybe someone knows for sure. But the biggest giveaway is that S&S rigs had the rear door hinged on the left as standard, where M&M and Superior had the rear door hinged on the right as standard.

PrecisionMinaturs/Motor City does smaller scales of their cars but the price is $275 for the 1959 ambulances in 1/43!!!!

http://ecsvr.com/mcu/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=6&cat=SUNSET+COACH+PROFESSIONAL+CARS%2E%2EHearses%2CFlower+Cars%2CLimousines%2C+%26+Ambulances%2EBRAND+NEW%2E%2E1941+Packard+Landau+%26+Limo+Style+Hearse%2E%2E+NEW%2E%2E1941+Packard+Ambulance%2E%2E+NEW%2E%2E1955+Cadillac+Landau+%26+Limo+Style+Hearse%2E%2ENEW%2E%2E1955+Cadillac+Ambulance%2E

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)